Thursday, July 30, 2009

The sticky unfurling of tenuous wings ...


or

4:30 am and nothing better to do

So here we are. In a pretty pickle ... just the way I wanted it and wondering at the wisdom of that.

A friend from the land of oz suggested that this was a spiritual awakening, well yeah, isn't it all if the consciousness is engaged?

But I do get the drift, it's only when things are hard that I grow, when I realise that my view of the road is blocked by the close up I have of my own ass.

I give my head a shake and take a step to the side, out of my own way.

Reframe.

Hmmm ... there's a tawdry collection of mixed metaphorish nonsense.

Oh well.

So life got a little more interesting for Sheriff Woody yesterday, tight assed little goody two-shoes, hell bent on impressing the irrelevant. There I was; counting the days left in a job where all luster was lost. Covering my ass and going all co-dependent on my staff’s asses. (There are a lot of asses about this morning … wonder what the Freudian significance is there?)

Buzz Lightyear had blown into town a few weeks ago, explaining a lot of Machiavellian bullshit and abuse (allow me a little whine, or stop reading now ‘cos I guess I am feeling a tad sorry for myself, righteous and resolved of course, but self pitying nonetheless. There is bound to be more)

Where was I, oh yes, Buzz. Very smart and qualified and focused … not a very good fit in this burg. A BBBEE appointment to the position that I had been offered, and accepted. The appointment would have been entirely justified without assassinating Woody. A smart move really. Woody really should have had his wits about him. Sometimes Woody can be Mr Potato Head. Actually, sometimes Woody can be Rex … "I don't think I could take that kind of rejection!" even when the whole plan is to leave.

Being pushed this way is just not cool.

On the sensible advice of friends this, the larger portion of this blog, has been suspended in goodwill for the undeserving.

Watch this space.

I am starting to feel like this …















To be continued …

Oh, before I go. All this of course needs to be framed. Reframed.

This is a good thing. This frees me up to do what I want to do. It's not the way I would have chosen to exit. I have old fashioned ideas about honour and dignity. I am something of a pompous ass sometimes.

But it is undeniably good. Faster than I could have engineered. When did I ever complain about a little instant gratification?

Now if I can just get a little help with formatting this damned blog.

I’m a firestarter, twisted firestarter... starter... starter...
Starter...

No comments:

Post a Comment